To read CAT policies, click here.
• NOTICE: The boarding of animals is subject to Article 4 (§ 3.2-6518 et seq.) of Chapter 65 of Title 3.2. If your animal becomes ill or injured while in the custody of the boarding establishment, the boarding establishment shall provide the animal with emergency veterinary treatment for the illness or injury.
The consumer shall bear the reasonable and necessary costs of emergency veterinary treatment for any illness or injury occurring while the animal is in the custody of the boarding establishment. The boarding establishment shall bear the expenses of veterinary treatment for any injury the animal sustains while at the boarding establishment if the injury resulted from the establishment’s failure, whether accidental or intentional, to provide the care required by § 3.2-6503. Boarding establishments shall not be required to bear the cost of veterinary treatment for injuries resulting from the animal’s self-mutilation.
• You acknowledge and understand that there are certain risks involved in boarding, including but not limited to dog fights, dog bites to humans or other dogs, and the transmission of disease. Any medical expenses will be your responsibility and you release STERLING ACRES KENNEL LLC of any charges and agree to be solely responsible for the payment of all medical bills for your dog and you release STERLING ACRES KENNEL LLC, its officers, directors, agents, volunteers, and employees of and from any and all responsibility for, or claims, damages, debts, arising out of or related to such medical care, including, but not limited to, transportation to/from the veterinary clinic and choice of veterinarian and animal hospital.
• STERLING ACRES KENNEL LLC reserves the right to immediately change your dog’s type of boarding if we believe it is necessary to protect the health and well-being of your dog, other dogs, or our staff.
• All dogs must be healthy, and current on all vaccinations (Parvo, Distemper, Bordatella (Kennel Cough), & Rabies). You will be required to bring a copy of your dog’s updated vaccination records from your vet before boarding with us to ensure your dog’s safety as well as that of our existing guests. You may also have your vet email a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
• If your dog is exhibiting any symptoms that may suggest illness such as sneezing, coughing, wheezing, runny eyes or nose, vomiting, lethargy, or diarrhea, please do not bring your dog to boarding.
• All charges must be paid in full upon pick-up of your dog. In accordance with Virginia Code § 3.2-6520: Any animal not claimed by its owner from a boarding establishment within 14 days after a letter of notice has been sent to the owner, by boarding establishment, may be sold by boarding establishment. The animal may be sold at public or private sale for fair compensation to a person capable of providing care consistent with this chapter. Any expense incurred by the boarding establishment becomes a lien on the animal and the proceeds of the sale shall first discharge this lien. Any balance of the proceeds shall be paid to the owner. If the owner cannot be found within the next ensuing 30 days, the balance shall be paid to the Literary Fund. If no purchaser is found, the animal may be offered for adoption or euthanized.
• STERLING ACRES KENNEL LLC will feed dog provided food. Should food not be provided, kennel food will be fed to dog twice daily. An extra charge will be added, per cup, for the feeding of kennel provided food. Changing a dog’s food may cause upset stomach, owners are welcomed & encouraged to bring their dog’s food from home, premeasured per feeding.
• Owners are welcome to bring their dog’s own bedding or toys if desired, however, we cannot guarantee that they will be returned in the same condition, nor do we have the ability to wash said items before return. We are not responsible for lost or damaged items.
• We accept cash or check (please note, there is a $25 returned check fee). Payment is due upon pickup of your pet. Credit/Debit cards are accepted with additional 3.63% convenience fee.
• Dogs under 30lbs, from same household, may be kept in same kennel upon request under the understanding that certain risks are present with doing so and will not hold STERLING ACRES KENNEL LLC responsible for any injuries that may occur.
• Pet must be picked up by 10am on final day of scheduled boarding else account will be charged for the day. Drop off & Pickup times are between the hours of 8:30am-10am & 5pm-6pm Sunday-Friday, 8:30am-10am Saturday. We do offer a late, after-hour pickup only between 6pm-9pm upon availability of staff for additional fee. Late pickup must be scheduled upon check-in.
By signing below you indicate you’ve read the policies listed above and agree to the terms listed hereof:
You release, indemnify, and agree to hold STERLING ACRES KENNEL LLC harmless from any and all manner of damages, claims, loss, liabilities, costs or expenses, causes of actions or suits, whatsoever in law or equity, (including, without limitation, attorney’s fees and related costs) arising out of or related to the services provided by STERLING ACRES KENNEL LLC, except which may arise from the sole gross negligence or intentional and willful misconduct of STERLING ACRES KENNEL LLC, including, without limitation, (i) any inaccuracy in any statement made by yourself or information provided by you to STERLING ACRES KENNEL LLC, (ii) your dog, including but not limited to destruction of property, dog bites, injury, and transmission of disease, and (iii) any action by yourself which is in breach of the terms and conditions of this agreement.